1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Play in a roller derby bout.
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
If I made any I can't remember what they were.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, not yet.
5. What countries did you visit?
No countries other than the UK, but went on many road trips to various cities.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
An easier course. Maths is hard, let that be a lesson to us all.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
30th November, first ARRG bout win and I was MVP which almost made me cry. A day of truly epic proportions. Although watching someones leg snap, which also happened on 30/11/08, will also remain etched in my memory.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
MVP at Leeds bout!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Erm dunno, having an ever expanding ego...
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Colds, sore throats, fever, FUCKING FOOD POISONING, no real injuries *touch wood*.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Fucking ROLLER SKATES. And the new wheels I bought a month ago are pretty sweeeeet n all.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Team ARRG representing wherever we travel.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I live in a bubble where everything is sweet. I can't think of anything just now tbh...
14. Where did most of your money go?
Roller derby and its road trips and everything in any way related.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Ha, I am such a broken record :p
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
The Rezillos - someones gonna get their head kicked in tonight, probably, not really sure tbh!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? happier :)
thinner or fatter? about the same, mebbes a wee bit fatter
richer or poorer? poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
More uni work this semester maybe.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my family in Whitley Bay.
21. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
With Roller derby and team ARRG.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Never mind the buzzcocks, probably, don't have a tele just use bbc iplayer! When my skanky laptop worked, anyway.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
The oppostion when I am on track :)
26. What was the best book you read?
Of mice and men. It was sad, but sometimes I like sad stories :(
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hahaha, I like anything regarded by music snobs as shit.
28. What did you want and get?
MVP at Leeds! hehehe
29. What did you want and not get?
Vice captain of ARRG I suppose. Although I am VC of Celtic Chaos, mwahahaahah!
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Didn't really see that many. The best one I did see may have been that one about ghosts with Ricky Gervais, not really sure though. Rock N Rolla was also enjoyable.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 21 and I got drunk and had fun with my friends.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I enjoyed final year at uni more. Although I had to think about that for a while as my life is fantastic. :D
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
34. What kept you sane?
Roller derby. Third year exams definitely did not :(
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Gerard Butler in Rock N Rolla. MMMM SCOTTISH BEEF.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
This recession scenario is pretty grim.
37. Who did you miss?
My two best friends from home Ali and Laura, who I have only seen twice this year and not since Easter.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Can't pick one, but surprise, surprise, some women from Roller Derby. I know I go on about roller derby to a sickening degree, but it is more than a sport and some of the women I have met are so fucking awe inspiring and caring and fun.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Try new things.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I don't know! I love my life and would never change it for anything. Thats not a song lyric but I think it is suitably soppy and cheesy to end this meme.